Lodge Thistle 127 was granted its Charter on 20th May 1771 and much of its history has been understandably lost, or has never been recorded.
In 1993, following extensive research, Bro. Archibald Chalmers, P.M. published a document entitled 'Historical Notes on Lodge Thistle No. 127 (Stewarton)'. The information in this section is taken from that document and reproduced with the kind permission of Bro. Archibald.

THE BI-CENTENARY CELEBRATION MEETING

Saturday 29th May, 1971.

Exactly one hundred years to the date of the Centenary, and only one day out from two hundred years since the Lodge was begun, the Brethren at the Lodge met to Celebrate the Bi-Centenary of Lodge Thistle No.127.

The meeting was held within the Lodge Rooms in Springwell Place, the Right Worshipful Master Brother James Gillies in the Chair. The Provincial Grand Lodge of Ayrshire was headed on the occasion by Brother Gregor Grant, Right Worshipful Master of Lodge Mother Kilwinning and as such 'ipso facto' the Right Worshipful Provincial Grand Master of Ayrshire. The Lodge was honoured with a Deputation from The Grand Lodge of Scotland headed by The Most Worshipful Grand Master Mason Brother David Liddell-Grainger of Ayton.

Brother 'William Aitken, the Provost of The Town of Stewarton, was present and in the course of the meeting presented to the Lodge a Salver with six crystal glasses to commerate the occassion and at the same time expressed the congratulations and best wishes of the people of Stewarton.

After the official Masonic Meeting, the Brethren adjourned to the Institute Hall and all enjoyed a Celebration Dinner followed by the usual Loyal and Masonic Toasts. The whole evening being spent in genial conviviality.