Lodge Thistle 127 was granted its Charter on 20th May 1771 and much of its history has been understandably lost, or has never been recorded.
In 1993, following extensive research, Bro. Archibald Chalmers, P.M. published a document entitled 'Historical Notes on Lodge Thistle No. 127 (Stewarton)'. The information in this section is taken from that document and reproduced with the kind permission of Bro. Archibald.

THE PROVINCIAL GRAND LODGE OF AYRSHIRE OFFICE-BEARERS

PGLA_logo
Unfortunately, due to the lack of Minute Books of the Lodge, we are not aware of all those Brethren who have served the Provincial Grand Lodge of Ayrshire down through the years. Those whom we do know of are:-

PGM_Chalmers2


Archibald Chalmers, R.W.M. 127 in 1982-1983.
A Member of Provincial Grand Committee since 1984 and elected R.W.P.G.M. of Ayrshire in 2008.

Elijah Beattie, R.W.M. 127 in 1978-1979, 1993 and 2009.
Joined P.G.L. as Junior Steward in 1980. Substitute Provincial Grand Master 1993 to 1998.

Robert Hall, R.W.M. 127 in 1967-1968.
Served as a Provincial Grand Lodge Junior Steward in 1976.

Charles McC. K. Lindsay, R.W.M. 127 in 1965-1966.
Joined P.G.L. as a Junior Office-bearer in 1967. Retired as P. G. L. Director of Ceremonies in 1975.

William Thomson, R.W.M. 127 in 1943-1944.
Served as a Junior Provincial Grand Lodge Office-bearer for a few years.

Sir Charles Glen MacAndrew, (later Baron MacAndrew of Firth of Clyde) R.W.M. 127 in 1930-1931.
R.W.P.G.M. of Ayrshire in 1931-1932-1933.

Major William Mure of Caldwell, R.W.M. 127 in 1897.
R.W.P.G.M. of Ayrshire in 1901-1902-1903.