Lodge Thistle 127 was granted its Charter on 20th May 1771 and much of its history has been understandably lost, or has never been recorded.
In 1993, following extensive research, Bro. Archibald Chalmers, P.M. published a document entitled 'Historical Notes on Lodge Thistle No. 127 (Stewarton)'. The information in this section is taken from that document and reproduced with the kind permission of Bro. Archibald.

LODGES SPONSORED BY LODGE THISTLE

Since its inception Lodge Thistle has been actively involved with many different Lodges, both within and outwith the Province of Ayrshire. Three Lodges which it is proud to have sponsored are:-

LODGE IRVINE ST. ANDREW No. 149.

Chartered:- 7th February, 1780 and still active.
Sponsored by The Stewarton Thistle Lodge.


LODGE THISTLE AND CROWN No. 334.

Neilston, Renfrewshire East.
Chartered:- 3rd February, 1817. Later declared Dormant.
Sponsored by The Stewarton Thistle Lodge and Paisley St. Mirrins Lodge.
(The present Lodge Thistle and Crown No. 1167, was instituted in 1918, and Lodge Thistle No. 127 still enjoys fraternal relationships with the Brethren in Neilston.)

LODGE CALEDONIAN, DUILOP, No. 382.

Chartered:- 3rd May, 1824. Declared Dormant in 1881.
Sponsored by Lodge Thistle No.127 and Lodge Beith St. John's (Kilwinning) No. 157.
(The present Lodge Dunlop Caledonia No.1408, instituted in 1945, are very close friends of Lodge Thistle No.127.)